20 Questions interview featured on Nook!
Bestselling author Tess Thompson debuts her latest novel Tainted on NOOK! Love takes a village… The Village of Cliffside Bay to be exact. The fifth installment of The Cliffside Bay Series follows the interwoven stories of five best friends, the beach community they love, and the women who captivate them. Prepare to get lost in a wave of small town charm, men you would love to take home to your mother, and smart, resilient heroines you wished lived next door. And get to know Tess Thompson as she answers our 20 Questions on how she stays inspired, motivated, and energized (spoiler – it’s Zumba!).
1. Your best virtue as an author. Discipline. I learned early on the only way to become good was to get my butt in the seat and write every day.
2. Your most quirky author habit. I can’t write without the door to my office being closed. Even when no one is home but me and the cats, that door is shut.
3. Your favorite quality in a protagonist. Tenacity.
4. Your favorite quality in an antagonist. Obsessive jealousy over someone or something. Envy makes you do bad things. (Not that I would know personally, of course.)
5. If you could ask any other author, past or present, a question who would it be and what would you ask? I would ask Jane Austen how she managed rewrites. Given that everything was in long hand, I can’t imagine the editing process. How much paper do you think she went through? And the hand cramp? I use a computer so it’s easy to tweak as I go. But in long hand? How in the world?
Read more at: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/bnpress-blog/20-questions-tess-thompson/